- St.Patrick’s Academy, Clement Town, Dehradun, founded in 2013, is managed by the members of the Congregation of the Brothers of St.Patrick, whose educational institutions in India and abroad are highly appreciated for sound moral, intellectual and physical education imparted to the children entrusted to their care.
- The Brothers consider the formation of character ,the first essential requisite of any sound educational system and so great stress is laid on the inculcation of high ideals, refined behaviour and moral rectitude. Religious instruction is imparted to Catholic pupils only. All other pupils are given a comprehensive course in Value Education. In teaching Humanities and Sciences, the aim is to impart sound practical knowledge based on the latest techniques and the requirements of the syllabus of the Indian School Certificate Examination (class XII).Games and Physical training have an appropriate place in the syllabus.
- A proper use of audio-visual and library facilities is encouraged .Study circles and participation in debates, declamation, elocution , quiz contests, dance and music are some of the cultural and educational activities in which students are expected to participate in order to build confidence and self-esteem.
- Physical training, games and athletics are employed to the best advantage to promote physical development and a healthy spirit of competition. The school has ample playing fields and provides facilities for games such as football, Cricket, Hockey, Volleyball, Basketball, Throw ball, Tennis, Badminton and Table Tennis .While competent staff is always present to give guidance ,the fullest scope is given for initiative and leadership among the students themselves. Training is imparted during the Physical Education periods and outside school hours. Inter -House competitions in all fields and Inter School Athletic and Sports Meets help the students in keeping up the spirit of healthy competition and sportsmanship.
- Students found talented in sports and any of the above activities are expected to be regular for practices, Irregularity is considered irresponsible behaviour and lack of loyalty to the institution, and will be taken as serious breach of discipline.
- Keeping in mind the harmonious development of each pupil and the formation of a fully Integrated person;we also offer through our teachers ,a variety of hobbies to the Students.